UPSC conducts the IES exam consistently to select candidates for different particular positions in the Union Government department.
IES is a Central Civil Service where the candidates would be posted anyplace the country over. The exam is led to enroll candidates for engineering positions for the different departments working under the Government of India. The Engineering Services Examination is led for four branches of engineering in particular:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Hardware and Telecommunication Engineering
In the past, they had led this exam with the Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam. The IES exam is viewed as perhaps the hardest examination in the country. Almost two lakh candidates show up for the examination consistently. Engineering Services Exam or IES exam enrolls the Group A and Group B officers at the specialized positions for the Government of India.
The IES exam is a three-stage enlistment process – IES Preliminary, IES Main, and Personality Test. Based on the value of candidates in the IES exam, they are prescribed to the Union Government for the accessible posts. The idea of working for an engineering official chosen through the IES exam depends on the engineering branch, and the framework s/he is enrolled for.
On account of candidates who get employed in the Indian Railways through UPSC ESE, the candidates are set under training for a year and a half. They are prepared in the National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR). The whole training period is partitioned into different stages. The training begins with the General Introduction and ends with the attachment with the concerned Ministry.
- The work profile of the candidates chosen through the UPSC IES depends on the service they are put in.
- In general, the candidate should perform managerial and specialized errands.
- He/she will likewise be liable for overseeing and executing projects.
- Along with experience, the space of supervision of the representative likewise increments.
- The general nature of the work is authoritative.
- At times, the representatives will again need to manage the regulatory processes by reaching government authorities. With higher assignments and more significant experience, the officers likewise gain the position to contact the concerned ministers.
List of Organizations/Cadres for IES Officers
Before diving into the subtleties of IES Salary, take a look at the list of the central organizations under which the candidates are being enrolled through IES Recruitment:
- Roads Engineering Service
- Electrical and Mechanical Service
- Engineering Service for Roads
- Power Engineering Service
- Water Engineering
- Safeguard Service Engineering Corps
- Land Survey of India
- Indian Army Engineering Service
- Indian Navy Armaments Service
- Indian Ordnance Factory
- Indian Railways Service
- Indian Supply Service
- Indian Telecommunication Service
Profession Growth and Promotion
Unlike other positions, the IES officers move up in pecking order with experience. Coming up next are the different posts that will be proposed to the IES officers with experience. The officers will be first accepted as Assistant Executive Engineer and can wind up being Chairperson or the Cabinet-level official.
- The candidate will be chosen as an Assistant Executive Engineer or Assistant Director.
- After an experience of 3 to 4 years, the candidate will be promoted to Executive Engineer or Director.
- After 13 years of experience, the candidate will be designated as a Joint General Manager or Chief Engineer of level 2.
- After 20 years of experience, the candidate will be promoted to the Additional General Manager or Chief Engineer post.
- After 30 years of experience, the candidate will become a Senior General Manager.
- The final promotion will come in the wake of gaining experience of 34 years when the candidate will turn into a Managing Director or Chairperson of the governmental association.
The candidate joins the service at Junior Grade at the Pay scale of Rs 15,600-39,100 and Grade Pay of 5400. The close-by salary of the IES candidate is around Rs 55,000.
Stay connected with our education blogs india for further information.