Do you have a children’s event coming over? We know it is not an effortless task to arrange a children’s event. There are many factors you need to take into consideration. Entertainment is a hectic responsibility. Know that most people hire clowns for any kid event. But the main thing is the food. We have to choose something sweet for the event. It is when the chocolate butterfly cupcake enters the scene. Know that butterfly cupcakes are not only for kids. People of any age enjoy these cupcakes. You can find these cupcakes in any bakery inside the cake display fridge. But once you make them at home, you will never go back to buying cupcakes from shops. Below we have mentioned a recipe on how to make chocolate butterfly cupcakes.
Name: Chocolate Butterfly Cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 8 tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- 2 oz. chocolate (bittersweet, chopped)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2-eggs (large)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- Any yellow frosting
- Dark cocoa candy melts
- Yellow candy melts
- Parchment paper
- Chocolate chips
- Mini melting decorating squeeze bottles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place medium-sized muffin cups on a baking tray.
- Add baking cup liners to each muffin cup.
- Now take a heatproof bowl, and add butter, chocolate, and cocoa powder to it.
- Now place a saucepan over medium heat.
- Fill half of the saucepan with water.
- Now place the bowl in the bowl in the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture until everything melts.
- Now mix it with a spoon.
- Set aside.
- Now take another small bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder to it.
- Whisk these ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and salt, and whisk again.
- Now pour the chocolate mixture in it and whisk again.
- Add sour cream and flour mixture and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake it for almost 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, it is baking, prepare the butterflies.
- Take parchment paper.
- Now draw your favorite butterfly design on cardboard.
- Trace it on the parchment paper.
- Melt the candies and add them to the bottles with the help of the funnel.
- Now place the outline of the butterfly with chocolate candy on the back of the parchment paper.
- Pour the other candy on the rest of the place.
- Use a toothpick and spread the candy.
- Let the butterflies sit for some time.
- Now place a frosting swirl on the cupcake.
- Place some chocolate chips in the middle of the cupcake.
- Add butterfly wings on each side of the chocolate chips.
- Let it refrigerate for a few minutes.
If you are a vegan, you can go for plant-based butter.
You can choose any flavor frosting for your cake.
Make sure that the color of the frosting and candy matches.
You can also add any sweetener to your cake.